Yesterday was TOUGH. I had to get up really early so I had even more trouble with the eggs. I ate about half of them, though. This time I put some asparagus and spinach in there, which helped a little, but I just really don't like eggs by themselves. End of story.
When I was in the shower in the morning I pampered myself, just like they tell you to. I made a facial scrub that called for yogurt and coffee grounds. It was nice. I sort of wanted to scrub the inside of my mouth because it felt so good, but I refrained. I was thinking that maybe the coffee grounds would go into my brain and make it feel like I had a cup of coffee. No dice.
I didn't have time to have my midmorning apple snack so I had it at lunch after I ate everything else. This time I put about half as much cinnamon on because the first day the cinnamon had me in tears. The other half teaspoon of cinnamon went into one of my lemon waters. It wasn't bad. The apple with cinnamon was good but it was still really cinnamony. My lunch was good. I had salmon again on a bed of fresh spinach and eight whole halves of pecan.
I had class in the evening so I had brought everything with me early in the morning. I tried my hand at the steamed artichoke again but I still couldn't find the heart!! I swear I didn't cut it off this time. Perhaps I purchased heartless artichokes. When I was sitting in class I was really tired and I had a headache. I made myself a cup of green tea and it really didn't help. SO I CAVED. I had a cup of coffee. Black, unsweetened, horrible coffee that you make out of packets in the lounge at my school. It was the most delicious thing I have ever had. I perked right up, my headache went away, and I felt so much better. Apparently I looked better as well. So it turns out I can't live without coffee. Fine. With. Me.
My dinner was delicious last night. I put the asparagus in with my salad this time, which was yummy. I did find myself wishing there was more chicken, but perhaps that was just because there was so much of everything else. I think I am discovering that I don't like yellow peppers. I had no idea. I thought I loved them. Maybe I just don't like them in salads.
When I got home I poured myself a glass of blueberries and sat down to watch an accumulation of tivo-ed shows with Dan. I started getting really hungry about a quarter of the way through Modern Family and by the time Claire put mud on Gloria's dress I was almost in tears. I sent a desperate text to Gina, who encouraged me to have some protein. It was okay, after all, since I didn't eat all my eggs in the morning. So I made a salad with romaine, tomatoes, chicken, and pomegranate balsamic vinegar from Gustare Oils and Vinegars. It was so good. It 90% hit the spot. The rest of the 10% of the spot was hit with........
A BITE OF DAN'S CHICKEN SANDWICH. ON POTATO BREAD. WITH CHEESE. AND MAYONNAISE. AND MUSTARD.
I'm sorry, cleanse gods. I couldn't help myself. I was so hungry and the way the mayo oozed out the sides was too much for me to handle. It was the most delicious thing I have ever eaten. I only had one (or three) bite(s), though, so I think it's okay. I mean, I know it's not ideal, but I think it's okay. Maybe I'll count that as my pampering for the day.
I totally failed on the exercise front. While I did do a lot of walking and stuff during the day, I really didn't exercise. I didn't have time during the day and then when I got home at 9 I just wanted to watch tv and drool. But I'm okay with that.
Today I drank a lot more water than is prescribed. I had my eight cups of lemon water and probably had an additional three or four cups. Also, I woke up with really dry skin. And the humidifier was on. Granted, I have been nursing a cold for about a week.
Overall I am feeling pretty good being halfway done. I weighed myself this morning when I got up and I have actually lost four pounds. I'm not sure if this is just my IKEA scale being fickle, or if I really have, but that is very interesting. Perhaps because so much sodium is cut out that I am losing water weight. Who knows.
Well, halfway done is good. I have screwed up a couple times but not with anything huge. Other than my sandwich bite(s) I haven't eaten anything that isn't allowed and I have been putting in a good effort for the rest of the lifestyle stuff. I think that if I had a normal 9-5 job then it would be a LOT easier.
Happy weekend, everyone!
Kindergarten Readiness and the Summer Gap
2 days ago